Member of Governing Board
Deputy Director General for International Activities
|Nikolay Spasskiy was born on August 10, 1961 in Sebastopol, Crimea region.|
In 1983 he graduated from the Moscow State Institute of International Relations with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the USSR. He was qualified as a specialist in international relations and foreign languages. Nikolay Spasskiy has degrees of Candidate of Science in history and Doctor of Science in politics.
- In 1983-1985 he worked as consultant in the Press Department of the USSR Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- In 1985 he moved to Department of the USA and Canada in the same ministry where he worked till 1991 as a consultant, senior consultant, third and, later, first secretary.
- In 1991 he became an adviser at the USSR Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- In 199l-1997 he was successively employed as expert, deputy director, first deputy director and director of North America Department in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russian Federation and was a member of the Ministry Board.
- In 1997-2004 Ambassador of Russia to Italy and San-Marino.
- In 2004-2006 Deputy Secretary of the Security Council of Russia.
- In 2006-2008 he was Deputy Head of the Federal Atomic Energy Agency, state secretary.
- Since April of 2008 Nikolay Spasskiy has been holding the office of Deputy Director General of the State Atomic Energy Corporation "Rosatom".